SURREY – The City Centre One Building of Surrey was named the Judges’ Choice Best Overall Entry in the 4th annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards Thursday night (November 13) at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel in Surrey. City Centre One also won the Excellence Award in the Office Category.
The annual celebration of the best of the best commercial and industrial buildings in the Fraser Valley from White Rock, North Delta, Surrey, the Langley’s, Abbotsford, Mission and Chilliwack was sponsored by the Surrey Board of Trade, Re/MAX Commercial, Fortis BC, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Commercial Division and the Business Examiner Fraser Valley Newspaper.
The Offices at Newton in Surrey was named winner of the Fortis BC Green Award.
Other category winners at the event were:
- Community – Church: Christ Covenant Church of the Township of Langley
- Community – School: Chilliwack Senior Secondary of Chilliwack
- Community Institutional: Surrey City Hall & Civic Centre of Surrey
- Community Recreational: South Surrey Recreation Centre
- Senior’s Housing: The Residence in Mission
- Retail: Langley Mercedes of City of Langley
- Renovation: Langley Obstetrics & Gynecology of the Township of Langley
- Multi Family: Breeze of South Surrey
- Hospitality: Cactus Club Café of City of Langley
Merit Awards (Runners-up) went to:
- Multi-Family – Brownstones on the Boulevard of Chilliwack
- Office – The Offices at Newton in Surrey
- Community Institutional – Canuck Place Children’s Hospice of Abbotsford
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Critical Care Tower of Surrey
- Community – School: Yorkson Creek Middle School of the Township of Langley
The full official program for the event, listing all nominations, is available for viewing at: