Surrey Board of Trade, BC Innovation Council and Mitacs Partner to Present Commercialization Funding for Businesses
There is a wide-range of government and government-funded programs available that are supporting innovative companies across the province. Programs include:
- Western Economic Diversification Canada’s Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative. WINN’s first intake resulted in support for 27 projects in western Canada, with 12 B.C. companies receiving over $8 million in funding commitments
- Public Works and Government Services Canada’s Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP). The most recent BCIP call for proposals resulted in 72 pre-qualified innovations, with 9 innovations from B.C. companies
- Mitacs full suite of programs, which placed over 400 grad students and post-doc fellows in internships with B.C. companies over the last three years.
Businesses are invited to learn more about commercialization funding, and how these programs can help your business move its next great idea from the workbench to the marketplace.
Attend to learn more about:
· The timeline for each program’s next call for proposals
· Information on who is eligible to apply
· The application and evaluation processes
· What makes a strong proposal
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Express and Suites, 15808 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC