SURREY BOARD OF TRADE
Surrey International Trade Awards
The Surrey Board of Trade is proud to have initiated this event. This event speaks to the reality that Surrey businesses are part of the global economic equation. Countries cannot live in isolation. They have to mutually share their prosperity, technical know-how and undertake trade in order to sell their surplus products. The world economy is inter-dependent. Economic progress of a nation depends upon its ties with other countries.
The Economic Advantage of International Trade:
- Monetary gains to the respective country indulging in trade.
- More variety of goods available for consumers.
- Better quality of goods.
- Competition both at the international level as well as local level.
- Closer ties between nations.
- More exchange of technical know-how.
- Local producers will try to improve the quality of their products.
- Increase in employment locally.
The Surrey International Trade Awards! The Surrey International Trade Awards provide recognition for the success of import and export achievement, raises awareness of the vital contribution international trade makes to B.C.’s economy and provides a catalyst for companies to reach even higher levels of excellence.
The International Team accepts applications from businesses that met the criteria which included the following areas of focus:
- The degree of innovation in the marketing strategy
- Trade growth achieved and the ability to sustain that growth
- Evidence of sustainable competitive advantage
- Value of exporting to the applicant over time
- The overall company commitment to international business
The 2015 nomination form will be available here when ready.
Next year's event will take place on May 7, 2015 from 5:30-8:30pm (Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel - 15269 104 Avenue, Surrey). More information on the event will be available on the events calendar.
Small Business Category (Revenue under $15 million)
Winner: Martin Automated Systems Inc.
Martin Automated Systems provides innovative solutions offering automation assessment and parts prototype design services. Martin Automated Systems exports assembly line automated machinery, services and solutions to the United States, Mexico, Turkey and Brazil, and regularly imports parts and components from the United States and China.
Large Business Category (Revenue over $15 million)
Winner: Patton & Cooke Co.
Patton and Cooke designs and manufactures medium and high voltage electrical equipment for mines, utilities and industrial customers. They export to over twenty-five countries on six continents. Over the past five years, Patton & Cooke Co. has put an emphasis on cost reduction strategies, making them competitive in virtually all international markets. This has resulted in an increase in sales by 5.8 million dollars.