Inducted at the Surrey Board of Trade’s 51st Annual General Meeting and President’s Dinner on June 17th at Eaglequest Golf Course was the new Chair of the Surrey Board of Trade, Shelley Besse.
Shelley Besse is the President of Envision Financial. Mrs. Besse will be the 52nd Chair of the Surrey Board of Trade. She will serve a one-year term from July 2015-end of June 2016. This is a high profile volunteer position that helps to positively impact Surrey’s business community at levels of government and advances the success of the Surrey Board of Trade.
Dr. Greg Thomas, President and CEO, G3 Consulting (an environmental science research firm in Surrey) will be inducted as the 1st Vice-Chair.
The Surrey Board of Trade annual Board Director nomination process brought in the following new faces joining its Board of Directors by acclimation:
- Stephen Dooley, Executive Director, Simon Fraser University - Surrey
- Jag Shergill, Partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
- Balraj Mann, President, BM Group of Companies (Polycrete Restorations, Penmat, Dallas Watt, YAAT, Manorlane Homes)
- Doug Tennant, Executive Director, Semiahmoo House Society
- Arvinder Bubber, Owner, A.S. Bubber & Associates, Treasurer
The annual nomination process also resulted in the following being re-elected to the Board of Directors:
- Jason Maynes, Partner, Panorama Legal LLP
- David O’Sullivan, President, PW Trenchless Construction
- Parm Sidhu, Airport General Manager, Abbotsford International Airport
- Steve Stew, VP Business Development, Matcon Canada